Thursday, February 11, 2010

Czisny parts ways with long-time coach

Alissa Czisny, the 2009 U.S. champion and two-time U.S. Collegiate champion, announced today she has ended her 12-year professional relationship with coach Julianne (Julie) Berlin at the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.

"I have so much respect and appreciation for Julie, and I am extremely grateful for everything she has done for me during our time together," Czisny said. "Julie has always believed in me and has provided me with every opportunity to grow and improve in my skating career. I will always be thankful for the experiences we shared and the memories we created together."

In addition to the one U.S. and two U.S. Collegiate titles she won under Berlin, Czisny claimed the 2007 U.S. bronze medal, 2001 U.S. junior silver medal and 2005 Skate Canada title.

"For 12 years I have enjoyed developing Alissa into a national champion," Berlin said. "It was great to see her reach her goals throughout the years and see her have success in international and national competition, and I wish her continued success as she pursues her skating career."

Czisny has also been mentored the last couple years by Olympic champion Brian Boitano and his former coach, Linda Leaver.

Czisny has not yet announced a new coach.


icenetwork.com

No comments: