Sunday, July 27, 2008

Carolina Kostner on the Top

At the 2008 World Figure Skating Championships, Italy's Carolina Kostner added a silver medal to the bronze that she won in Moscow in 2005, the last time the World Championships were held in Europe. In 2010, however, she is looking forward to the chance to add a gold in her native land in the city of Torino.

Kostner has already established herself as the greatest figure skater in Italian history. Among her many firsts are the first to win a medal at the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, the first to win a silver medal at Worlds, the first to win Europeans, the first to win a Grand Prix event, and the first to medal at the ISU Grand Prix Final.

Full article here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great article! I love Carolina Kostner as well -- she kind of reminds me of the great skaters from the past, I don't know why. You have a great site, keep it up! I added you to my blogroll. Please check out my website www.Lifeskate.com. If you like it, can you add me under your "Links"? Thanks! Best, Susan from Lifeskate