Thursday, March 10, 2011

Denney, Barrett announce end of partnership

Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett, who represented the United States in pairs at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, announced Thursday they have ended their three-year partnership.

Denney and Barrett's competitive career began in 2008 and includes three medals at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships: silver in 2009, gold in 2010 and bronze in 2011. The team finished 13th at the 2010 Olympic Games and followed that with a seventh-place finish at the 2010 World Figure Skating Championships in Torino, Italy.

Their best finish in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series was fourth, which they accomplished twice, once at the 2009 NHK Trophy and again at 2010 Skate America.

"We are thankful to all our coaches and their contributions to our success," Denney said. "We have been blessed to have such an amazing journey."

Denney plans to continue her skating career. "I feel I'm just starting to scratch the surface when it comes to what I'm capable of," Denney said. "My goal is to find a new partner and begin competing again by next season."

"Caydee was such a good partner," Barrett said. "I know she will be successful in whatever she decides to do."

Barrett intends to stay active in skating by coaching and performing in shows.

"I feel happy with everything that I have accomplished," Barrett said. "I look forward to giving back to the sport that has given so much to me."


icenetwork.com

No comments: