U.S. Figure Skating announced Monday the skaters that will compete in the first event of the 2009 ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) of Figure Skating Series, which takes place Aug. 26-30 in Budapest, Hungary.
The event will be held at the Budapest Practice Rink and will begin Thurs., Aug. 27, with the compulsory dance and the ladies and men's short programs. Official practice will be held Wed., Aug. 26.
Eight athletes will represent the United States at the event in three disciplines: ladies, men's and ice dancing. No pairs competition is being held at the JGP Hungary; pairs is being skated at only four of the seven JGP events this season. The U.S. team hails from six states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan and New Jersey.
In addition to Budapest, Hungary, the Junior Grand Prix Series consists of the following events:
• JGP United States: Lake Placid, N.Y. - Sept. 2-6
• JGP Poland: Torun, Poland - Sept. 9-13
• JGP Belarus: Minsk, Belarus - Sept. 23-27
• JGP Germany: Dresden, Germany - Sept. 30-Oct. 4
• JGP Croatia: Zagreb, Croatia - Oct. 7-11
• JGP Turkey: Istanbul, Turkey - Oct. 14-18
• JGP Final: Tokyo, Japan - Dec. 3-6
U.S. ENTRIES AT JGP HUNGARY
• Ellie Kawamura
• Angela Maxwell
• Piper Gilles and Zach Donohue
• Charlotte Lichtman and Dean Copely