The event will be held at the Tor-Tor Ice Rink and will begin Thursday, Sept. 10 with the compulsory dance and the ladies and pairs short programs. Official practice will be held Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Fourteen athletes will represent the United States at the event in four disciplines: ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing. The U.S. team hails from 10 states: Alaska, California, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
In addition to Torun, Poland, the Junior Grand Prix Series consists of the following events:
• JGP Hungary: Budapest, Hungary. - Aug. 26-30
• JGP Lake Placid: Lake Placid, N.Y. - Sept. 2-6
• JGP Belarus: Minsk, Belarus - Sept. 23-27
• JGP Germany: Dresden, Germany - Sept. 30-Oct. 4
• JGP Croatia: Zagreb, Croatia - Oct. 7-11
• JGP Turkey: Istanbul, Turkey - Oct. 14-18
• JGP Final: Tokyo, Japan - Dec. 3-6
U.S. Entries at the 2009 JGP Poland