The event will be held at the 1980 Rink-Herb Brooks Arena and will begin Thursday, Sept. 3, with the compulsory dance and the men's and pairs short programs. Official practice will be held Wednesday, Sept. 2 at the USA Rink-Jack Shea Arena. This is the second time in three years a JGP event has been held in Lake Placid, as the town played host to the first event in the 2007 JGP Series.
Eighteen athletes will represent the United States at the event in four disciplines: ladies, men's, pairs and ice dancing. The U.S. team hails from 10 states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
In addition to Lake Placid, N.Y., the Junior Grand Prix Series consists of the following events:
• JGP Hungary - Budapest, Hungary. - Aug. 26-30
• JGP Poland - Torun, Poland - Sept. 9-13
• JGP Belarus - Minsk, Belarus - Sept. 23-27
• JGP Germany - Dresden, Germany - Sept. 30-Oct. 4
• JGP Croatia - Zagreb, Croatia - Oct. 7-11
• JGP Turkey - Istanbul, Turkey - Oct. 14-18
• JGP Final - Tokyo, Japan - Dec. 3-6
U.S. Entries at the 2009 JGP United States